Being successful at USF starts here!
It's important to submit all of the necessary paperwork to the Office of Veterans
Services (OVS) on time, this will ensure that you recieve your benefits AND you are not
dropped from any classes.
When you have completed the following list of items, compile all of the paperwork into a
packet and bring it to the Office of Veterans Services (OVS).
Fill out your VONAPPRequest for GI Bill benefits
- Go to the Veteran's Online Application website (VONAPP) and fill out the application. After submitting the application electronically to the VA, print out a copy to bring into our office.
Apply to USFAdmissions to USF
Evaluation of Military CreditObtain your military transcripts and send to Admissions
Army TranscriptsCall 1-866-297-4427 or go to Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS).
Air Force TranscriptsCall 1-877-253-7122 or go to Air University.
Coast Guard TranscriptsCall 1-877-253-7122 or go toCoast Guard Transcripts.
MarineCall 1-877-253-7122 or go to Navy College Program.
Navy TranscriptsCall 1-877-253-7122 or go to Navy College Program.
American Council on Education (ACE) TranscriptsLog in to http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home. Under Program or Service drop down list select Transcript Services.
CLEP TranscriptsCall 1-800-257-9558 (Cost = $15) To determine pass/fail for a student: Call 1-800-257-9558, give SSN and DOB or address (for ID purposes) and give our passing score for specific test taken.
For Transcript TranslationCall World Education Services 212-966-6311.
FAFSARequest for GI Bill benefits
- Apply to Financial Aid for grants, loans and scholarship opportunities. If approved, you do not need to accept any of the loans, grants or scholarships. BUT it is important to have those approved and waiting in case you need them.
- There are literally thousands of scholarships available. Listed here is ascholarship search to help you find scholarships.
OrientationYou've been accepted!
- Once you've been accepted to USF you'll recieve a welcome packet with lots of useful information, including how to regsiter for Orientation. It is important to attend the earliest possible orientation that you can. The same day that you complete orientation you are eligible to register for classes.
- Upon completion of class registration, print a copy of your Student Detail Schedule (SDS) and add it to your packet.
- You can find useful Orientation information here.
- If you have questions or need assistance in filing the proper forms, contact USF’s Office of Veterans Services.
- Be sure to bookmark our website and check back often to stay current on new dates and dealines for submissions.